Friday, February 13, 2009

Tenaja Falls

I actually got my 11 year old son Andrew to join me on a trail run today. We decided we would go up to Tenaja Falls. It is only about 3/4 of a mile from the parking lot up to the falls, so I thought this would be a nice first run for him. We had a very nice time. We chatted the whole way. I got to hear a lot of stories about how school is going. When we got up to the falls he was not ready to quit so we continued up about another half mile before the sky started to look really gray. We decided to turn around and head back to the truck. He only took one spill on the way down which is pretty good considering the amount of rocks on the trail and the fact that we had our dog Maggie with us who doesn't always know to stay out of the way. I had a wonderful time talking with him, it is not often that I get that much one on one time with any of the boys. It is amazing how much he is growing up. We will definitely need to do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear your opening the door for your son(s) to explore trail running. I hope to do the same with my son when he is old enough. But for the time being, I'll get him started early, as in the jogging stroller. Hopefully he will catch the fever at a very early age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running with family rules. Cool blog.
    PS.. nothing will ever spice up the dreadmill

    ReplyDelete